Thursday, August 12, 2004

A little milestone

I had to run a quick errand to Home Depot yesterday. It was the first time for me to go to Home Depot by myself (without Yoshi) and I am happy to report that I made it out alive. I even used their self-checkout station to pay for the item I bought. Thank goodness for that self-checkout station, too. First, they had "temporarily closed" the aisle where my item was located because they were using a forklift waaaay on the other end of the aisle. The "DO NOT CROSS" barrier was close enough to the item so that I could stand on the other side of the barrier and look at it, but far enough so that I couldn't reach it. I tried to move the barrier over so I could get at my item and the Home Depot dude at the other end yelled at me, so I walked around for a bit until they were done with the forklift. A little slice of heaven in Home Depot Here is a photo I took of a little slice of Home Depot heaven. It's the air-conditioning section and I stood there "testing the samples" while waiting for the forklift dude, wishing we had A/C at home. Actually, I wished I had a row of air conditioners, kind of like this one, but mounted prettier. Anyway, if it wasn't for those self-checkout stations, I would probably STILL be in line at the cashier. I had originally stood in a regular line before trying the self-checkout. When I walked out the door, I saw the person in front of me in that first line standing in the exact same spot. Doh.

1 Comments:

At 8/17/2004 07:13:00 PM, Blogger Liz said...

I get freaked out about going to Home Depot without the boy too... I still have yet to do it, even though I need to buy paint for the bathroom. I also dread the lines at Home Depot, another reason to procrastinate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home