Saturday, April 29, 2006

Ooooops. I was getting in the backseat of the car and putting down a bunch of bags... (to be cont)

(continuing...) ...so the car door was open for a while as I was putting things away and adjusting things. When I finally finished, I sat back in my seat, reached out and grabbed the door and pulled it toward me. *THUNK!* "OW!" I looked outside of the car and saw Yoshi's dad standing up and rubbing his head. While I wasn't paying attention, he had bent over and was cleaning the back tires with Armor All. And his head was in the door area. OH CRAP! I just shut the door on to Yoshi's dad's head. Really, really hard. OMG OMG OMG. "I'm so sorry! I didn't know you were there! Are you okay?" I kept repeating. He kept insisting he was fine, but he was still holding his head. I felt REALLY REALLY bad. REALLY. BAD. Yoshi's mom asked what was wrong and I said that I had closed the door on Dad's head. And she laughed. Then Yoshi came to the car and I was still sitting in the back seat, freaking out. "What's wrong?" asked Yoshi. Yoshi's mom repeated what happened. And Yoshi laughed. Why was everyone laughing? Was I the only one who felt bad?! Maybe cuz I felt the "thunk" of the head, but geez! I told Yoshi to stop laughing and ask if Dad was ok. He kept saying he was. We went to go pick up Yoshi's auntie and told the story to her. Yes, you already know her reaction. I hope I never get thunked in the head in the company of these crazy people. Sheesh man.

6 Comments:

At 4/30/2006 08:31:00 PM, Blogger Ohjeeze said...

Maybe it knocked some sense into him. Never stick your head in a car door with out alerting the person in the adjacent seat. Actually it is kind of funny. BTW, I'm new to your blog, its cute. But who is Yoshi? Your BF?

 
At 5/01/2006 12:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yoshi is my Hunny! :)

 
At 5/01/2006 01:25:00 AM, Blogger k.d. said...

haha! :P

 
At 5/01/2006 03:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch!!! head injuries are a time bomb... make sure he is ok. get an x-ray or CT scan.

 
At 5/01/2006 09:25:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey joz, it just shows that they really love you and are using humor to laugh off such an obviously unplanned accident.

if it was deliberate, i would have been screamin mad.

but everyone knows what a sweet lovable person you are and forgive you your mistakes :)

 
At 5/03/2006 08:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i laughed so hard i fell over. and i know yoshi's dad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home