Monday, March 27, 2006

In Exile

It has been more than 10 days since my last post on jozjozjoz.com, making this my longest absence from blogging since I started my blog. So if you find this, booya to you! Here's a collection of links I wanted to compile for myself in my search for a new host, since I'm finally leaving iPowerweb and their CCC rating on the BBB behind me: MEDIA TEMPLE I heard MediaTemple was good; they have a AA rating with the Better Business Bureau, but there are these accounts of poor service: -Amazon Review of MediaTemple -Danny Choo: MediaTemple is a pile of steaming turd -The WatchMaker Project HOSTMYSITE -Hearing ok things about HostMySite.com... more research to be done... NO WAY, JOSE! -I know I am not going with 1dollarhosting/Webcountry... they have an F with the BBB! Got any suggestions for me? UPDATE: Lomara suggested Dreamhost, which I'd also heard of... turns out Dreamhost has an F with the BBB. Eeek! Carly suggested Hosting Matters and they only have a couple of complaints at the BBB. So there's one I could probably do more research on.

11 Comments:

At 3/27/2006 08:06:00 PM, Blogger muckdog said...

This is just goofy.

 
At 3/27/2006 09:29:00 PM, Blogger Nez said...

Exile! Do you also have a fortress of solitude?

 
At 3/27/2006 09:49:00 PM, Blogger Kinkoman said...

Whats next? SURVIVOR IN BLOGSPOT? Hope you find a home real soon. Good luck!

Vince

 
At 3/27/2006 10:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I posted on B.la, I was with LunarPages and was told to disable my blog or be kicked off.

I just moved to Nexcess.net and they did the entire transition for me except for repointing my domain ... easy as pie. It's a little more expensive, but I'm hoping it's worth it.

Now I just need to get the remainder of my money back from LunarPages.

 
At 3/27/2006 10:47:00 PM, Blogger lomara said...

When I was shopping for webhosts, I kept going back and looking at Dreamhost. They seem inexpensive for what they offer. Have you checked them out? I couldn't find them at the BBB so I don't know their rating.

 
At 3/28/2006 12:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try 1and1 hosting....they're a VERY stable, large company, and have agreeable pricing! Or call me or Shelli and I'll host ya here. (although I'm not nearly as reliable)

 
At 3/28/2006 06:52:00 AM, Blogger Will Campbell said...

I'm surprised at Dreamhost's F rating on the BBB! I've been using them since 2001 and have never had any issues whatsoever.

 
At 3/28/2006 07:37:00 AM, Blogger Monika Kruemmling said...

heh heh heh... it's all part of our evil scheme to get you to blogspot!

I mean, welcome to blogspot! ;)

it's a relief to have you online (even a little) again.

 
At 3/28/2006 07:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have to give a second thumbs up for dreamhost - i am tickled pink with them. i've used them for two years now.

in the meantime, be patient with blogspot, they just finished a huge spurt of outages, and there may yet be a few things to make you bang your head into the keyboard. (blogger bit me so bad, i finally *after four years* changed to WP")

good luck to you!

 
At 3/30/2006 08:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had Dreamhost forever-they've been extremely helpful and cool. They are big advocates of WordPress, which went up seamlessly on my site (no-you can't see my blog). Inspite of the BBB rating, I know a number of folks that like/love Dreamhost. Give 'em a whirl.

Hugs to you & Yoshi,

David

 
At 3/30/2006 11:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at Dreamhost. Note the word 'was'.

Here's my plug for my much improved host...

http://www.danielphillip.com/individual/walks_in_looks_around/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home