Thursday, April 06, 2006

Sumo, baby!

Did you know there is such a thing as the California Sumo Association? Did you also know that there is a US SUMO OPEN and it is happening in our fair City of Angels this weekend? I got an email from Teebubble asking if I wanted to go (wish I could, but I can't). But I was so fascinated by the site, I had to share.

2006 US SUMO OPEN
SUNDAY, APRIL 9, 2006, 12:30 PM (doors open 11:30 AM)
Los Angeles Convention Center, Petree Hall (First Floor) go to LACC The 6th Annual US Sumo Open competition features national and world champions from countries all over the world, including a team from Japan. Watch beautiful Japanese dance, listen to high-energy taiko drumming, and check out fashionable Japanese artwork and souvenirs in the event hall. Enjoy sushi, sake, and Japanese beer while you watch the action! Special Guest: Yokuzuna "Grand Champion" MUSASHIMARU
Looks like the $45 VIP and $25 Advantage tickets are sold out, but they still have the $15 General tix available! Photo by: Chuck Green

1 Comments:

At 4/07/2006 01:05:00 PM, Blogger ... said...

Cool, one of my girlfriends saw sumo wrestling over in Vegas a few months ago and got into a tizzy seeing Musashimaru. A guy that I hung out with in Oahu a year and a half ago drove us past Musashimaru's mansion on the leeward side of Oahu--so ghettofabulous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home