Saturday, April 08, 2006

Things that kind of suck.

I mean if these are the worst things going on in my life, I have a pretty good life, but they still kind of suck: -Rooben (our Roomba) seems to be on the fritz again... but it's no longer under warranty.* -My boss asked me if I would give up my work laptop to a new VP who is starting in two weeks. I really don't NEED the laptop, seeing as I have my personal laptop and also a desktop at work. Plus I'm the only person who has a private black & white and color laser printer... but I've been using the laptop for over a year now and it sucks to have to give it up because no one wants to pay for a new one for the new VP. -My desk is still a disaster area. And I've been trying to keep it under control, too. Yeesh. *The good news is that I called iRobot about Rooben and customer service walked me through a manual reset, which seems to have fixed it for the time being... we'll see...

2 Comments:

At 4/08/2006 06:05:00 PM, Blogger Adrienne said...

Thanks so much for swinging by my blog and commenting on my photos! So sorry to hear about the spammers and hosting drama. Ugh. That is totally ridiculous. Long ago, I had surfed over to your main digs (via Joelle, I think) but I hadn't been in a while. When all the drama is over, I'll definitely add you to my bloglines subs. :) There's no feed to this temp home of yours, right?

As for what you actually wrote about, I totally feel you about messy desks being a pain in the arse. I always manage mess it up quickly after I do a deep clean of it. Sigh.

 
At 4/09/2006 08:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jjj-

Just tell them that all the secret photos for blackmailing the boss are on this laptop and-really-do they want to the new guy to see all that??!?!

Or-paint it a lovely enamel pink.

Maybe-put lots of Hello Kitty decals on it?



David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home